Davao City’s business process outsourcing (BPO) industry generated some 34,000 jobs in 2015, with more jobs expected to be created this year. According to the Davao City Investment Promotions Center (DCIPC), Davao’s BPO sector started with 20,000 jobs in January 2015 and then grew 70% to 36,000 by the end of last year. DCIPC officer-in-charge Ivan Cortez told SunStar Daily that the industry is expected to generate more jobs this year with the multimillion investments being poured by BPO players into the city. One of the new BPO companies in Davao City is Expert Global Solutions, which expects to hire 2,000 people in just its initial stage of operations.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information