The country is losing business opportunities because of the delay in the approval of economic zones. This was according to Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) director-general Charito Plaza. She said only six out of the 58 development projects have so far been proclaimed as ecozones since the start of the Duterte administration. The projects require presidential proclamation. Plaza said she is meeting with respective government officials to discuss how to fast track the approval of pending projects by the Office of the President. In the first nine months of the year, PEZA has so far approved over P120 billion ecozone development projects.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information