The latest results of the Monster Employment Index (MEI) Philippines showed that demand for customer-service professionals rose 21% in March from the same period last year, leading the online demand among the occupational groups. The rise in online demand for customer service professionals comes even as online hiring between March 2015 and 2016 declined by 24%, according to the MEI. The production/manufacturing, automotive and ancillary sectors continue to exhibit the greatest decline among the industry groups, with 58% annual drop. The business process outsourcing (BPO) sector, which is expected to add 225,000 new jobs this year, is among the sectors that are likely to see growth in terms of online demand, the MEI showed.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information