The Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) has announced the death of assistant secretary Carlos M. Caliwara, at 61 years of age. “For your wit and humor, your wisdom and passion, and your compassionate leadership and dedication to public service, you will be missed. Your legacy will live on within your DICT family and through your contributions to the country,” DICT’s tribute on its official Facebook page stated. Caliwara underwent a medical procedure and took a leave of absence months after he was appointed to his position by President Rodrigo Duterte in November 2016. The assistant secretary was among the first set of officials appointed to the DICT after the agency’s formation in 2016. Before his role at DICT, Caliwara was a practicing lawyer and legal consultant of the Liga ng mga Barangay sa Pilipinas. He was also a former municipal legal officer of Tayabas, Quezon.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information