The Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT), the government agency tasked to oversee the country’s technology and business process industries, among other mandates, has announced the appointment of lawyer Ivin Ronald Alzona as assistant secretary for management and operations. Alzona now joins the list of assistant secretaries at the DICT, which include Carlos Caliwara, assistant secretary for legal affairs and consumer protection; Allan Cabanlong, assistant secretary for cybersecurity and enabling technologies; and Alan Silor, assistant secretary for infostructure management bureau and other special concerns. Before joining the DICT team, Alzona worked as a financial analyst at Intel Corporation and as a tax associate at Punongbayan and Araullo. The DICT was tasked to select the country’s third telco player and DICT Secretary Eliseo Rio Jr earlier said the operations of the third telco player will kick off by middle of this year.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information