Although the Philippines continues to improve its information and communications technology infrastructure, there is still a need to bring the digital revolution to the grassroots level so that jobs can be generated in provincial areas. Frederick Amores, regional director of the Department of Information and Communications Technology-7, says that the agency is now working on doing that by training participants in a rural impact setup. According to Amores, the training program in ICT concepts that is used in the business process outsourcing (BPO) environment, is practically the same training needed, except that it takes place in the countryside. In Central Visayas, the initial locations being considered for the rural training programs are the town of Sogod in northern Cebu, and the city of Naga, south of Cebu City.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information