Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) undersecretary Monchito Ibrahim has retired from service after reaching the compulsory retirement age of 65. Ibrahim has been instrumental in sustaining the development of the Philippine cyberservices industry. During his tenure, Ibrahim helped establish 32 regional ICT councils and develop the country’s Next Wave Cities. Despite his retirement, Ibrahim may soon be back to his former post. DICT acting secretary Eliseo M. Rio Jr. has recommended to President Rodrigo Duterte that Ibrahim be reappointed before the ban on government appointments takes effect on March 22. Ibrahim took his oath of office as undersecretary in March 2017 when Jorge Sarmiento, one of the first set of officials appointed to the DICT, abruptly left his post. Assistant secretary Ivin Ronald Alzona will take over Ibrahim’s post.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information