An elected government official has stressed that the extension of maternity leave to a period of 105 days will not discourage companies from employing women. In fact, according to Makati City Rep. Luis Campos Jr., a number of companies in the country have already expanded their maternity leave programs. Among them is business process outsourcing firm Accenture, which offers comparatively extensive maternity leave benefits to women. The BPO firm currently provides 120 days of paid maternity leave to its staff, Campos said. International Labor Organization Convention 183 sets the maternity leave benefit standard at 14 weeks. Under Republic Act 11210 which takes effect on March 7, workers availing themselves of the maternity leave period and benefits must receive their full pay.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information