Workers need to be equipped with data sciences and analytics (DSA) skills to prepare them for eventual automation, the country’s labor department has said. The JobsFit 2022 report prepared by one of the Department of Labor and Employment’s (DOLE) agencies also identified 13 emerging occupations, many of which belong to the Information Technology and Business Process Management (IT-BPM) sector. These occupations include business process analyst, data scientist, design engineer, electronic mail and chat support agent, evisceration processor , genomocist, hair transplant technician, mobile app developer, nanotechnologist, order tracker/developer, search engine optimization analyst, social media analyst, and transport network vehicle driver. With the emergence of new occupations, JobsFit said DSA competencies, such as data analytics and algorithms, domain knowledge and application, statistical techniques, and data science engineering principles, among others, are recommended by the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information