Globe Telecom is open to discussion on sharing its cell sites and cell tower-sharing with the new telco player, Mislatel, according to its legal counsel, Froilan Castelo. To fast track the deployment of Mislatel’s services, its lawyer, Adel Tamano, earlier urged current industry players to partner with them. Converge ICT Solutions has so far express willingness to share its existing infrastructure with the new entrant to the national telecommunications market. While Globe boasts more than 8,000 cell sites across the Philippines, it has long acknowledged there is the need to increase these to address the country’s fast growing demand for data transmission. In the first nine months of 2018, Globe saw its mobile data traffic surge by 49% to 641 petabytes from the 430 petabytes recorded in the same period in 2017.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information