Information Technology Centers (ITC) and manufacturing and electronics projects were among the new investments that were approved by the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) in 2015. ITC projects include those of the Information Technology and Business Process Outsourcing (IT-BPO) companies, according to PEZA. Data released by PEZA showed that a total of over Php295-billion worth of investments were approved last year, a 5.58% rise from the previous year. As of the end of H1 in 2015, IT Centers and Parks have the most number of economic zones in the country at 216. Direct employment in PEZA economic zones also rose to 1.243 million for the first 10 months of 2015, representing a 7.73% increase from the same period in 2014.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information