The growth of the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry in the Philippines has also triggered the sales growth of the country’s biggest food company. In a report, Jollibee Foods, the parent company of Jollibee, Chowking, the local Burger King, Greenwhich Pizza, and other fast food brands, saw its sales and net profits going up by around 70% to Php118bn and Php5.4bn, respectively, since 2010. The main factor behind the growth was the continuous expansion of Filipino call centers and other outsourcing businesses. Jollibee now has 3,000 outlets in the Philippines and abroad. The company has noted that the rise of the country’s BPO sector has also boosted overall consumer spending.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information