Jennifer Que, Philippines country head of Chinese online English teaching platform 51Talk, has suggested that teaching English online could be made part of the regular college curriculum, a faculty training, or an elective course for students, so more people can consider Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) as a career option. The size of the online learning market in China is expected to reach US$40.4 billion this year, a 16% rise from last year. 51Talk currently serves clients from mainland China, with a majority of them children whose ages range between five and 12 years old. The company has about 15,000 globally competitive e-educators, more than 200,000 students and provides over 50,000 lessons per day. 51Talk is the world’s leading online English education platform. It is investing heavily in its Philippine operations which began in 2012.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information