Senator Paolo Benigno Aquino is asking for government support to protect the country’s business process outsourcing (BPO) industry. He said the BPO slowdown may displace thousands of Filipinos. He vowed to block provisions in the second package of the Tax Reform Acceleration and Inclusion (“Train”) law that could affect the employment of thousands of BPO workers. Aquino, chairman of the Senate Committee on Science and Technology, said the Train law is a threat that might significantly harm the livelihoods of many Filipino workers. To enable BPO companies to expand and provide more employment to Filipinos, he also reiterated his promise to help the firms through legislation. Aquino conducted hearings to determine solutions for the threats that affect the BPO sector, especially artificial intelligence. He was recently recognized as “BPO champion” by the Information Technology and Business Process Association of the Philippines for his contribution to develop the IT and BPO sectors through legislation.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information