Call centers will cease to exist in 10 years, according to DataOne Asia CEO Cyril Rocke. In an interview with the Business Mirror, Rocke, a leading figure in the Philippines’ business process outsourcing (BPO) industry, said the voice component of the BPO industry will disappear because of the low margins in the business. Rocke said it will take just five to 10 years for call centers to be replaced by new technologies that are coming out. He said the country’s BPO sector needs to move from voice to knowledge based. The knowledge process outsourcing sector currently only accounts of 10% of the industry but could increase dramatically, Rocke added.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information