A study conducted by telecom market research firm Infonetics showed that the global telecoms outsourcing market could reach USD76 billion by 2020. According to the study, telecoms outsourcing is expected to grow at a compound annual rate of 2%, buoyed by mobile network outsourcing deals. In 2015, Ericsson retained its lead in telecom outsourcing revenue market share, followed by Huawei, HPE, IBM and Nokia Networks. Carrier outsourcing revenue last year totaled USD69bn, with network maintenance, build, planning and design accounting for 52% of the total revenue.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information