Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez III said faster Internet speeds, brought about by new infrastructures of the telecom companies, will result in the putting up of more business process outsourcing (BPO) companies in Mindanao. The finance secretary also expects more home-based outsourcing jobs to be created due to the higher bandwidth. Dominguez added that the next generation will be suitably employed in high technology industries, BPOs and support businesses of every sort. He also expressed optimism that investors would do well to venture into Mindanao, not only because the new President hails from the South, but, more importantly, because it is an island that is teeming with natural resources and human talent and has the most headroom for growth in the country.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information