US financial services giant American Express Co (Amex) is ramping up its investments and hiring more people in the Philippines, less than six months after the start of its local operations here. Amex is growing its contact center operations at its Bonifacio Global City (BGC) facility, which has a capacity of 1,700 employees, said Pradeep Kapur, Amex senior vice president and general manager of World Service, Asia Pacific. Kapur said the 600 workers they have and future hiring will be primarily front-line positions within Amex’s global service, fraud and credit operations, interacting directly with American Express card members. Amex is the latest US financial services giant to put up a business process outsourcing (BPO) headquarters in the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information