While the Filipinos’ impeccable English speaking skills and excellent customer service are already enticing foreign businesses, they need to upgrade their skills to lure more investments from outsourcing businesses abroad. This was the pronouncement of Michael McCullough, co-founder and managing director of KMC Mag Group, a real estate consultant. McCullough said Philippine schools need to teach higher skills sets other than just voice services that Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO) businesses need. The country’s outsourcing industry, McCullough added, should be doing more financial services, such as accounting, and should invest more in educating its workforce in higher skills. He added that KPO locators are looking for higher skills set and not just voice services, which the Filipino workforce currently focuses on.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information