The implementation of the BIMP-Eaga Submarine Terrestrial (Best) Cable System is forecast to boost Mindanao’s position as an investment destination for ICT-BPO companies. According to Samuel Matunog, president of the ICT Davao Inc, the bandwidth from the cable system will only be used on the island and outside the country, and not anywhere else in the Philippines. The 5,092 kilometer high bandwidth fiber optics cable system will allow telecommunication connectivity in the BIMP-Eaga region (Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area) and with the rest of ASEAN and Asian countries. The project will provide better internet connection and increased bandwidth in the serviced areas. The cable system project is expected to complete by the end of 2016.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information