The Department of Finance (DOF) said the government’s efforts to promote financial literacy in the Philippines now includes targeting the young people who make up 1.3 million employees of the business process outsourcing (BPO) sector. Finance Undersecretary Gil Beltran said financial stability fuels economic growth, making it the most important component of the country’s financial inclusion policy. Beltran added that lectures on financial markets for young employees in the BPO sector are important because the industry generates about USD25m in revenue annually. He said the financial literacy program should cover everyone from ages 5 to 100.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information