Global outsourcing giant Sykes is expanding its operations in Costa Rica, with plans to hire 900 new workers there. Sykes, which operates a number of contact centers in the Philippines, is hiring 900 new workers in Costa Rica for its customer service and sales department. The new Sykes employees will manage the company’s operations with customers across the Americas. There are currently 139 companies running shared services centers in Costa Rica, offering 75 types of services in 10 languages. Sykes joins four other foreign-owned companies that have recently announced expansion of their operations in Costa Rica. In 1997, Sykes pioneered the Philippine call center industry with only 17 employees, before reaching the 13,000-strong workforce it has today.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information