A technology firm in the Philippines is introducing a new system that seeks to lessen the effects of automation to the country’s business process outsourcing (BPO) industry. A.I. Pros founder and CEO George Yang said that the robotic, process, automation (RPA) sector, puts 72% of about 1.2 million Filipinos directly working in the call center BPO at risk of losing their jobs. To counter the danger, Yang said his company has developed a technology that merges artificial intelligence with human intelligence – augmented intelligence, a system that took 10 years to develop. With augmented intelligence, jobs will still be lost but the effects will not be so severe, Yang said. In fact, the use of augmented intelligence will allow BPO workers to bring in over USD11bn a year to the country.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information