The implementation of artificial intelligence and digital tools will take place sooner than many experts have predicted, according to former Google China President Kai-Fue Lee. He said the rise of AI and digital tools will affect many economies, including the US and the Philippines. AI will obliterate jobs, resulting in an increase in the unemployment rate, Lee added. “AI … will be a replacement for blue collar and white collar jobs,” said Lee, but blue collar jobs will be affected later as it is still very difficult to program robots for jobs that require hand-eye coordination. The USD23bn outsourcing industry in Philippines will be among those affected. The industry is under threat as many process-driven jobs are considered good candidates for replacement by AI.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information