Four German companies are eyeing the Philippines for their shared service centers that would cater to the Asia-Pacific markets. Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Secretary Ramon Lopez identified the four German firms as Fresenius Medical Care, Boehringer Ingelheim, Merck Inc. and BMW. Boehringer Ingelheim will open a shared service facility in Manila by October this year while Fresenius Medical Care, which opened its shared services business in Alabang in 2015, targets to increase its number of employees to 130 over a three-year period from its current 77 personnel. Lopez added that BMW tapped Bosch Communications Center in the Philippines to handle inquiries from ASEAN clients while Merck plans to expand its operations in the Philippines in the next three to four years.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information