To attract more foreign investors, especially business process outsourcing firms, in Davao City, the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Council in the city said internet speed needs to be improved. In a statement, the ICT Council urged the national government to improve the internet speed in the city and provide more affordable and reliable connection. ICT Council corporate secretary Belinda Torres said more BPO players have expressed interest in investing in the city since former mayor Rodrigo Duterte was elected Philippine president. Davao City’s ranking in Tholons global outsourcing cities list dropped this year, along with that of other outsourcing cities in the country.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information