Public places in five towns around Catanduanes will have free WiFi access by the end of this year, according to the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT). The department has yet to identify which of the 11 towns in Catanduanes will be included in the first five as it is still evaluating the matter. The six other towns will be covered by free WiFi by the end of 2017. The free WiFi will be installed in plazas, public schools, bus terminals, public libraries, and other public places. The free WiFi announcement was made at the same time that the DICT has urged residents in Catanduanes to venture into the home-based outsourcing industry.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information