Ubisoft Entertainment, a French video game publisher, has unveiled its new game development studio inside the Laguna campus of De La Salle University in Santa Rosa, Laguna. The new studio will serve as the company’s base of operations in the Philippines, and its first and only facility co-developing AAA games in the country. In the past two years, developers from Ubisoft Philippines have co-developed 5 AAA Games: Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey, Assassin’s Creed: Origins, The Crew 2, For Honor, and Skull & Bones. Chip Go, studio manager at Ubisoft Philippines, said he considers Filipinos as some of the best game developers in the world. There are now about 100 local game developers working under him at Ubisoft PH. The company will continue its expansion in the country, hiring up to 200 game developers in the coming years, in addition to its existing 100 employees.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information