The Board of Investment (BOI) said it is grooming General Santos City in Mindanao to be an alternative destination for information communications technology (ICT) investments. This was revealed by BOI-Davao chief Gil Dureza in an interview with local reporters. Dureza said the BOI and representatives from 10 ICT companies in Cebu are set to hold a road show in General Santos City to assess the viability of the area for ICT operations. Dureza made the announcement as he also revealed that the BOI is working with stakeholders in Davao City to invite Manila’s 20 top business process outsourcing (BPO) companies to expand their operations in Davao. Among the companies that are interested to expand in Davao is US-based Hewlett-Packard. The American firm had conducted a series of recruitment events in Davao City.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information