Alterra Capital Partners, a listed genomics business process outsourcing (BPO) firm, has announced plans to build Asia’s first and largest next-generation sequencing facility in the Philippines. The move is part of the company’s transition into becoming a genomics BPO hub, focused on wellness, education and healthcare. Alterra, a subsidiary of Philab Genomics, is engaged in research development through bio-informatics. In a disclosure to the Philippine Stock Exchange, Alterra said its new majority controlling owners, Genomics Inc and Hector Thomas Navasero, plan to transform the company into a BPO hub.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information