More BPO companies are expected to expand in Clark Free port, creating about 300,000 outsourcing jobs, as part of the anticipated trend of BPO operations to develop outside of the National Capital Region. To meet the anticipated demand real estate developer Global Gateway Development Corporation is building a USD5bn, 177-hectare facility in Clark that will rival call center hubs in the Bonifacio Global City. The first phase of the project is expected to be finished by May 2017. The country’s BPO industry is targeting up to 1.8 million jobs by 2022, 500,000 of which will be located outside Metro Manila.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information