The Cebu City Governor is set to test-drive at least two electric trains (e-trains) within the month as it seeks to provide an efficient transportation system for call center agents. The trains will be used as an additional transportation service for workers, aside from the buses planned from Ceres Tours and Cebu Holdings Inc. There are 160,000 call center workers directly employed by 349 BPO companies in Cebu City alone. The e-trains are provided by the Department of Science and Technology. Each train has five detachable coaches, each capable of accommodating 60 passengers. The test run will run for a year and will serve the areas that have the highest demand for such transportation.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information