The Philippine government has finally issued on Friday the terms for qualification as well as the criteria for selection of a new major player in the telecommunications industry. The official terms of reference (ToR) were contained in a memorandum circular (MC) issued jointly by the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) and the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT). On Thursday, the 27-page MC was signed by NTC commissioner Gamaliel Cordoba, and deputy commissioners Edgardo Cabarios and Delilah Deles. It was also signed by DICT acting secretary Eliseo M. Rio Jr. as the chairman of the oversight committee. The MC will take effect 15 days after its issuance. After taking effect, stakeholders and contenders can start obtaining bid documents. They will be given until November 5 to submit their bid. The selection of the operator will be based on the highest committed level of service (HCLoS).
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information