Teleperformance, the second largest operator in the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry in the Philippines has expressed support for the proposed compressed four-day working week scheme. Teleperformance Philippines human capital resource management senior vice president Jeffrey Johnson said the firm is already implementing flexible work arrangements and adjusting to a compressed working week will not be hard for the company. In fact, Johnson said some of their employees are currently working four days a week and 12-hour shifts. He added that some workers prefer a four-day working week owing to traffic congestion in Metro Manila, where the majority of BPO offices are located. The House of Representatives approved on its third and final reading last month House Bill 6152, which seeks to institutionalize a compressed four-day work week scheme to promote business competitiveness, work efficiency, and labor productivity.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information