The National ICT Confederation of the Philippines (NICP) is appealing for the retention of current fiscal incentives of foreign Information and Communications Technology-Business Process Management companies to maintain competitiveness and growth. NICP Public Sector and Policy Committee head Jocelle Batapa-Sigue cited that developing countries used tax incentives as a means to attract direct foreign investments to solve unemployment, engage in technology transfer and intensify development of preferred industries. She underscored that provincial locations that currently take advantage of national incentives under a centralized government structure will be affected by the reduction or removal of the current set of tax incentives that have been attracting business process outsourcing companies.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information