Despite the declaration of martial law in Mindanao, the information and communications technology (ICT) industry in Davao City remains upbeat, with no reports of lost clients or withdrawal, said Davao City Investment Promotions Center head Lemuel Ortonio. He disclosed that the city is confident to attain its target by end of 2017 because of the city’s diverse opportunities to prospective investors. Ortonio also clarified that the city has downgraded its “lockdown” to “hold and secure.” He added that the tighter security in the city makes it even safer to do business there. Ortonio said that the city will continue to be investor friendly as it seeks to keep its status as one of the country’s top ICT investment destinations.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information