The health care sector of the country’s business process outsourcing (BPO) industry is seeking to grow five times its current number of 100,000 employees, the IT and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP). The health care sector’s growth will be included in the third roadmap for 2017 to 2022, which will is scheduled to be made public by August this year. The new roadmap will also be presented to the new administration after the presidential elections in May. IBPAP chairman Danilo Reyes also said the country’s IT-BPM industry is well on its way to hit its target of USD25bn in revenue by the end of this year, after exceeding last year’s USD21bn revenue target.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information