The Negros Oriental Chamber of Commerce and Industry (NOCCI) has lauded the local government of Dumaguete for the city’s inclusion in the 2016 list of top 100 business process outsourcing (BPO) destinations in the world. NOCCI president Ed Du said the inclusion of Dumaguete in Tholons’ list was a result of five years of continuous collaboration between the local government of Dumaguete and various national government agencies, business, academe, and the ICT sector. Du also revealed that Dumaguete City will soon see the raise of more BPO buildings this year to accommodate more locators. The city’s BPO industry has grown from only 150 call centers agents in 2005 to over 9,000 agents currently. NOCCI is now preparing a BPO roadmap for Dumaguete City.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information