Global tech giant IBM said it has signed a multimillion deal to provide IT infrastructure services to Philippine lender Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI). The multi-year deal is worth US$260 million. IBM will help the bank accelerate its digital transformation and will host the bank’s current digital solutions and those in the coming years. The agreement is expected to achieve some of the bank’s digital transformation goals which include continual upgrades to bank branches with new technology, as well as the roll-out of new financial services apps for customers. Cezar P. Consing, BPI president and CEO, said the bank’s agreement with IBM will help it become more agile in introducing innovations and transforming how things are done in BPI.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information