The Philippine government through the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) will fund a certification training program that will train Filipino ICT professionals as US-certified medical coders and billers. This will be in partnership with the Healthcare Information Management Association of the Philippines (Himap) and TeleDevelopment Services (TDS). Successful trainees will obtain certification from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC), the largest medical coding certifying organization. Although the training is targeted for ICT professionals, the training is open to all applicants. The certification training partnership will officially be called the Medical Coding and Certification Program (MCCP).
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information