Iloilo City mayor Jed Patrick Mabilog announced that the city’s business process outsourcing (BPO) industry is flourishing and has generated more than 21,000 jobs. Mabilog cited the availability of skilled workers in the city as among the reasons for the increasing BPO jobs in Iloilo. Mabilog, who was recently in China for a trade mission, also disclosed that a group of 30 prospective investors from Hong Kong is expected to visit Iloilo City next month to explore investment opportunities. In his presentation in China, Mabilog highlighted the “SMART” investment priority areas of Iloilo City, referring to services, manufacturing, agribusiness, arts and culture, and research and technology. He also promoted the economic triangle situated in Mandurriao district, which serves as the investment hub of the city.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information