Iloilo City has all the elements that can make the city a top BPO location – worker supply, telecom infrastructure, and other factors necessary to sustain a local outsourcing industry. Already the city has moved a notch higher in the 2016 Tholons Top 100 Outsourcing destinations around the world, from 91st place in 2015 to 90th this year. In an editorial, Panay News urged the local government of Iloilo to step up its game in assisting the BPO industry to ensure that it remains a key economic growth driver for the city and the surrounding province. It added that Iloilo City should put in place the necessary infrastructure that would translate to more opportunities for people outside the nation’s capital region.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information