Officials of the Iloilo Federation of Information Technology said they intend to double their employment target this year. In 2016, the federation noted 21,000 individuals employed in the business process outsourcing (BPO) and IT industry. This year, the federation seeks to double the number. The goal will not be very hard considering that Iloilo is still expecting to reap the spillover of projects this year from last year as these projects are near completion. Lea Victoria Lara, executive director of the Iloilo Business Club, said priority industries like BPO, real property and tourism are consistently the drivers of the city’s economy this year.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information