Iloilo City will be the leading expansion destination outside Manila for business process outsourcing companies in the next three years, according to Colliers. Kevin Jara, senior manager for tenant representation at Colliers International Philippines, said a growing number of knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) companies from Manila are expected to expand their businesses in Iloilo in the next two to three years due to the city’s skilled labor pool. The property services organization pointed out that Iloilo City continues to attract major tenants such as call centers and legal transcription service providers. It added that office spaces in the city appeal to occupants seeking units proclaimed by the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA). According to Jara, more outsourcing firms such as call centers will occupy most of the new office space, particularly in the Mandurriao area, in the next three years. He added that there are already some firms offering a mix of call center and higher value outsourcing services like legal transcription and health information management.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information