India-based business process outsourcing firm WNS has allotted USD37m for expansion endeavors in fiscal year 2020, including increasing its presence in the Philippines and the US. Keshav Murugesh, chief executive, said that aside from building new centers, expanding the existing ones, and continuing to invest in technologies, the company will also increase its focus on international markets such as the Philippines and the US. The company will also develop capabilities and new offerings, boost its IT capabilities in areas such as cyber security, enhance its existing vertical and horizontal services offerings, and make investments in artificial intelligence and machine learning, said Murugesh. He added that WNS has been recruiting local talent wherever needed and has also been using centers in the Philippines and India on a significant basis. He explained that the key focus of WNS is the re-skilling of employees to create a digital-ready workforce. The company has already trained 18,000 employees.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information