India’s second-largest IT services and outsourcing firm, Infosys, said on Thursday that it will acquire a 75% stake in ABN AMRO Bank’s wholly owned subsidiary, Stater, for EUR127.5m (USD143m). Both the companies have signed an agreement to this effect. Founded in 1997, Stater provides end-to-end mortgage administration services in the Netherlands, Belgium, and Germany. As part of the deal, Infosys will acquire 75% of the shareholding in Stater, while ABN AMRO will continue to hold the remaining 25%, Infosys said in a statement. The current management team of Stater will continue to steer the company, it added. Infosys said mortgage services is a focus area for large corporations in the financial sector, given the importance of the asset on a bank’s balance sheet.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information