The National Economic Development Authority (NEDA) said Cebu’s BPO sector now employs at least 160,000, adding that the sector is expected to continue to grow this year and generate additional jobs. NEDA Central Visayas Director Efren Carreon revealed the latest data as he reported that the region’s economy will continue to post growth this year. Carreon cited the sectors of tourism and business process outsourcing as the major drivers of growth in the region in 2018. He said that tourism will also show strong growth in 2019. Last year, the region’s tourist arrivals reached 8.1 million, exceeding the set target of 7.4 million. Cebu received the highest share of tourists, at 2.81 million foreign arrivals and 2.77 million domestic arrivals.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information