Global IT consulting and outsourcing firm Infosys seeks to further expand its presence in Japan through its partnerships with Japanese firms. The Indian firm has established joint ventures with Hitachi, Panasonic, and Pasona to build digital technology-based platforms that will improve procurement systems across Japan’s manufacturing sector. The move, if successful, will mark a milestone for Indian firms as several IT services companies have struggled to expand their business in Japan, which has traditionally been slow to embrace outsourcing despite being a developed and expensive labour market. Lately, however, more Japanese manufacturing and industrial firms have started implementing an outsourcing model. According to market watchers, Japan is increasingly tapping Indian talent and firms to build products and solutions that will allow them to become cheap enough to compete against those of Chinese companies.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information