Sitel Philippines, a business process outsourcing (BPO) provider, has broadened the scope of its skills training program to include persons with disabilities (PWDs). It has partnered with the Unilab Foundation Inc. (UFI) and the Philippine Federation of the Deaf (PDFI) for its Sitel Academy Plus program, an extension of the firm’s highly successful skills building and recruitment program, Sitel Academy. Educating and empowering marginalized sectors such as PWDs is the thrust of Sitel Academy Plus. Under the scheme, these sectors’ skills are enhanced, and then students are given a chance to pursue a career in the BPO industry. Sitel Academy Plus will also be offered opportunities to the hearing impaired and persons with mental disabilities through the new partnership with UFI and PDFI. Craig Reines, chief operating officer for Sitel Asia Pacific, said the firm continues to look for ways to boost its development programs and bring career opportunities to more Filipinos.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information