Infosys Technologies said it has called in the local law enforcement agencies in Electronic City in southern India after it came to light that third parties were sending WhatsApp messages to jobseekers and promising them positions with the company. The bogus recruiters’ WhatsApp messages included offers to secure recipients roles in the Bangalore-headquartered company’s software development division. With the hunt still on to identify the individuals involved, Infosys’ associate HR vice-president Santhosh Kumar Nair confirmed it had filed a case relating to fraud and misrepresentation under the terms of the Information Technology Act with the relevant authorities.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information